Our Year 5 course covers English, Mathematics, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning and will fully prepare children in all subjects and the relevant exam boards for their target schools. Since the majority of children will not need creative writing, we do not include it within the course. We run a separate creative writing course which can be booked during the second term of Year 5.
The Year 5 course is an intense programme suited for students excelling at school and accustomed to academic work outside of school homework.
The course has a three-stage structure, pioneered by us:
- The Foundation stage confirms every child has the basic building blocks to succeed and includes rapid mental arithmetic, mental agility and a robust vocabulary.
- The Common Core stage confirms that all the requirements common to the exam boards in the area are addressed first. This makes the child more versatile and preparation more agile should the exam board change with minimal notice.
- The Specialisation stage in the final term is tailored to the exam board where all known nuances of the specific exam board are practised through exam preparation and mock exam practice.
All students will receive the same lessons and homework during the first two terms since the syllabus in each subject must be taught to everyone. Even if a subject is not tested by your chosen school the position can change in the final term of Year 5 and so until the admissions policies are finalised all students must study all four subjects. In the final term, once the students start their mock exams, subjects that are not needed can be dropped.
- Lessons are 3.5 hours long (increasing in the final term depending on the school choices) and held once weekly from September to August.
- Children must qualify on our Admissions Test in English and Maths.
- Enrolment will open in March/April of Year 4.
- Fully Comprehensive
- Small Groups of 16 or 18
- Each class has 3 separate subject-expert Teachers
- Each class has 2 /3 Teaching Assistants
- Access to learning portal
- Priority Placement on Year 6 course
A Reservation Fee of £250 is required to confirm a place. This is non-refundable in the event of cancellation, but otherwise refunded in March of Year 6 provided parents notify us of their school offers and 11 plus results.
Harrow College, Lowlands Rd, Harrow, HA1 3AQ
Friday Lessons commencing 22 September 2023 – mid July 2024
Saturday Lessons commencing 23 September 2023 – mid July 2024
NOTE: Lessons are held during school half-term holidays, except for two weeks during Christmas and two weeks during Easter school holidays.
11+ Course Year 5
Our premium Year 5 course has been enhanced for 2023 and supported by our latest feature-packed virtual learning platform.
All inclusive 40 week course Sept to Aug
Once weekly lessons 3.5 hours
English, Maths, Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning (excl. creative writing)
All Exam Boards covered
Books and online resources worth £1,400+
Plentiful mock exams worth £1000+
Exam tips and techniques sessions
Detailed weekly homework tracking
Detailed End-of-Term Reports
Includes complete set of video lessons
700+ topic and sub-topic videos
7-8 hours of homework per week
12,000+ separate revision questions