11+ Year 5 Course
Our Year 5 course covers English, Mathematics, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning and will fully prepare children in all subjects and the relevant exam boards for their target schools. Since the majority of children will not need creative writing, we do not include it within the course. We run a separate creative writing course which must be booked separately.
The course has a three stage structure, pioneered by us:
- The Foundation stage confirms every child has the basic building blocks to succeed and includes rapid mental arithmetic, mental agility and a robust vocabulary.
- The Common Core stage confirms that all the requirements common to the exam boards in the area are addressed first. This makes the child more versatile and preparation more agile should the exam board change with minimal notice.
- The Specialisation stage in the final term is tailored to the exam board for the target school where all known nuances of the specific exam board are practised through exam preparation and mock exam practice.
All students will receive the same lessons during the first two terms. In the final term the timetable will be personalised and children will be placed in their chosen school or exam board groups to receive specialist training. This may mean a change to their time slot.
- Lessons are 3 hours 20 minutes long (increasing in the final term depending on the school choices) and held once weekly from October to August.
- Children will sit an Admissions Test in English and Maths
- Enrolment will open in March of Year 4.
- Fully Comprehensive
- Small Groups of 16 or 18
- 3 Separate Subject Expert Teachers
- 2 Teaching Assistants in Class
- Maths, English & Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning
- Online Platform Access
- Progress Monitoring
- Priority Placement on Year 6 course
- Homework is 6-7 hours per week on average plus vocabulary and reading
Total Course Fee £4,125 payable in 3 instalments of £1,375
Online Course Fee £3,525 payable in 3 instalments of £1,175
The due date for each instalment is 1st September 2021, 1st December 2021 and 1st March 2022.
A Reservation Fee of £250 is required to confirm a place. This is non-refundable in the event of cancellation, but otherwise refunded in March of Year 6 provided parents notify us of their school offers and 11 plus results.
25 September 2021 – August 2022
NOTE: Lessons are held during school half-term holidays, except for two weeks during Christmas and two weeks during Easter school holidays.